How does SLSF use and disclose personal information?
- verify your identity;
- complete background checks;
- research, develop, run, administer and market programs, activities and other events relating to the SLSF, membership management, offerings and social or marketing purposes;
- for fundraising, lottery and trade promotions;
- research, develop and market products, services, or special offers made available by us and third parties;
- keep you informed of news and information relating to various SLSF events, activities and opportunities via various mediums; and
- from time to time we may share your information with like-minded organisations including other registered charities that have similar objectives to ours located in Australia.
We may use de-identified sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government or other regulatory or funding bodies, or to plan events and activities.
SLSF may disclose your personal information to a range of organisations which include, but are not limited to:
- SLSA Affiliates and other organisations involved in surf life saving and emergency management;
- companies we engage to carry out functions and activities, including direct marketing;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our insurers;
- SLS companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- relevant sporting bodies such as the Australian Sports Commission, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, the Australian Olympic Committee, the Australian Paralympic Committee, the Australian Commonwealth Games Association, Australian Institute of Sport, Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, various National Sporting bodies, and Federal and State Departments of sport amongst others; and in other circumstances permitted by law; including other not-for-profit or charitable organisations.
In some circumstances, personal information may also be disclosed outside of Australia. In such circumstances, SLSF will use its best endeavours to ensure such parties are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are suitably similar to the Australian Privacy Principles. SLSF may send personal information overseas for the purpose of addressing direct marketing material produced overseas.
SLSF, as the promoter of competitions, raffles, trade promotions and art unions, collects personal information in order to assist us, to process competition entries, and to improve our products and services. We or a third-party engaged by us may contact you (including by email or SMS) to let you know about promotions which may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with other persons or entities that assist us in providing our services, running competitions (including administering the competition or distributing prizes). We may also disclose your personal information in accordance with these terms and conditions if you are a prize winner or finalist.
If you would prefer us not to disclose your information to a third-party, or you wish to change your communication preferences, please contact us as per the contact details in this document.
We will assume consent to use non-sensitive personal information to provide to you better services and marketing purposes (including disclosure of such information to service providers).
Every person whose data is collected by SLSF has the option to refuse e-mail, SMS or posted offers. You may do this by the opt-out procedures included in any communication from us (information relating to the option to unsubscribe from those communications may be retained). If you are still not satisfied at the communication you are receiving, you can also write to us via the contact details below.
In addition, SLSF may also disclose personal information:
- with your express or implied consent;
- when required or authorised by law;
to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
SLSF uses password protocols and encryption software to protect personal and other information we receive when a service is requested and/or paid for on-line. Our software is routinely updated to maximize protection of such information. All credit card transactions are secured using 128 Bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption.
The SLSF website uses or may in the future use technology features such as log-in registration, cookies, or click through tracking software. The site also logs information such as website IP addresses and browser types. This information is used for analysis purposes and to provide better service for users.
Websites linked to the SLSF website are not subject to SLSF’s privacy standards, policies or procedures. SLSF does not take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third party website.